Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Let's get it started!

Last year at this time I was logging run miles to complete the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis, TN. Running a marathon was always on my "life goals" list. I completed that endeavor with a result that was not what I really wanted but the ultimate goal was to say that I finished it.

Well, this year, I really haven't raced as much as I would like and so I've shed the road bike for a cross bike. Although the temps will be the same (25 degrees at the marathon start) but I now a bike, sand, mud, water, grass and sweat will all collide in this new challenge called Cyclocross.

My new Trek XO1 platinum should arrive at Cahaba Cycles tomorrow and I have to say I'm pretty excited about this new challenge. If you don't know what cyclocross is, here is a sample.

You'll also notice that I've officially changed the name of the blog. This is an effort to challenge myself in writing about things other than cycling. This might include rants, opinions, cycling, business or just whatever happens between the grinds. I love some coffee, so, it might be a coffee review. Who knows. I'd like for it to be a melting pot of topics. One thing you might not see is politics.

That's about all I have for now, just wanted to get the wheels rolling and start blogging again. Hope it's of some value to someone.

Subscribe to between the grinds

1 comment:

  1. stoked to hear about the cx bike... you are going to love it... just pure FUN!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind after reading this post? Please leave a productive comment. Thanks!